Pages


Hello!

Welcome to our blog, we are glad you stopped by!
We are 3 sisters with a lot of ideas that we will be posting. To read more about us click the ABOUT US tab.
If you like what you see don't forget to become a follower for up dates!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Pinterest cookie love



 Good morning! So last week I decided I am a little crazy about pinterest as I am sure most people are. My favorite things to pin are recipes, now that I finished my culinary arts certificate cooking at home is so much fun!


I decided to try some cookie recipes to see if what I pinned really worked as well and the pinners claimed.

My first try was the pin that said add a package of instant pudding to your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I just used the recipe off the bag of Nestle chocolate chips, added the pudding and I gotta tell you.....
They were amazing! This pin lived up to what I had expected. They were soft and chewy and stayed great for forever I was pretty impressed.
The secret to great chocolate chip cookies: follow your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe then add instant vanilla pudding mix to the dough. Leaves cookies soft and chewy for days after baking.

Speaking of Jello, my next pin was here at I heart nap time. Jello cookies and play dough.
Jello cookies and jello playdough! SO fun for summer and super yummy! #cookies
These cookies were another story. The concept is great she has a base cookie recipe that you mix up, split into 4 bowls and add 2 Tbsp of  different jello to each one to get a different color and taste. It is supposed to be a good consistency that your kids and play with it like play dough when they are done, you then roll them into balls and roll in the left over jello sugar, place on a cookie sheet, press them down with the bottom of a bowl and bake.
Now my take on it, the dough was very dry but it could very well be from the elevation here in Utah. I would suggest adding a little milk or water to the batch. Adding the jello was pretty hard it was very messy which is expected but getting the dough the right consistency after adding the jello, was even harder.
All in all the cookies tasted pretty good in the end and looked great.
Not going to lie, they are a lot of work.

Give these recipes a try and let us know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment