Pages


Hello!

Welcome to our blog, we are glad you stopped by!
We are 3 sisters with a lot of ideas that we will be posting. To read more about us click the ABOUT US tab.
If you like what you see don't forget to become a follower for up dates!

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Favorite pan coating

Have you ever had a hard time getting your cakes out of the pan? I have tried everything from parchment to shortening and flour and I still cringe every time I get ready to take them out. Until.... I tried this.
My new found favorite thing,
It is a DIY bakers joy.
The recipe is simple equal parts flour, shortening, and vegetable oil.
I used 1/2 cup of each and it made a fairly good size batch.
The directions are simple, mix your ingredients until smooth, it will seem a little on the runnier side but that is good.
 I just used my small hand mixer and it worked great.
Store in a air tight container in you cupboard (do not refrigerate) 
When you need to use it, grab a pastry brush and brush it into your pan, the bottom and up the sides.
I just put my pastry brush in a zip lock bag and throw it in the freezer so I don't have to wash it each time I can just pull it out when I need it.

Let your cake cool in the pan 10-15 minutes and it should come right out
You might have to run a knife around the sides but that's about it.
I have only used this a handful of times but so far it has been the best thing I have ever tried.
Happy baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment